Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Meet a HerShe Girl: Meagan is Class Pres!



With all of the political hoopla surrounding Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, and Barack Obama, there is something to celebrate locally here in Los Angeles. Thirteen (13) year old HerShe girl, Meagan W., has won the presidency of her 8th Grade class! “It was a big win for me,” she smiled, “I ran against several other candidates, but walked away with a very generous share of the votes!”

This demonstration of leadership this early in life is definitely a precursor of greatness in Meagan’s future. This summer, Meagan went through intensive leadership training at HerShe’s Camp Cinderella held at Pepperdine University. The HerShe leadership curriculum is created and delivered by the Catalyst Leadership Group. The girls are training to master three stages of leadership: (1) personal leadership; (2) leading with others; and finally, (3) leading the community. This youth leadership curriculum was originally developed for students at Yale University.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meagan, I have to say is one of the most inspirational people to me. Meagan is very positive, hardworking, honest, and fun always. She has made a very big impact on the lives of all the HerShe's. Meagan I have to admit, I would love to have a friend like her in the future. LOL Really. I Love all of my Sisters, and this is just a dedication to Meagan From Chantell a.k.a- Stronger

Unknown said...

So I heard of Googlism, where you type in "your name is" and see what comes up. I typed "Meagan is," and stumbled on this entry. I'm so glad I accidentally learned of your success! And there's more success in your future, I'm sure of it.

Go figure, I was president of my sophomore class in high school! It's a hugely rewarding experience. Congratulations!

Meagan for PREZ again in 2009!